March 1, 2009

A productive weekend...

I can happily admit that I was sewing most of the weekend. Finally! I had a great time.
I am especially happy about this quilt.

Sorry, for the crapy picture. I call it Mountain Boy quilt because it is going to Kentucky. You can read more about it here & here. It was done totally out of my scraps, except the white. This was the first time I did this 'sew as you go' style and I really enjoyed it.
This corner block is my favorite...

S
Now, I just have to get brave enough to quilt it. I planning on scrapy binding as well. Oh, I am going to love this one a lot.

I also finished borders for my other quilt. Thank you again for all the suggestions on the borders. I came up with this...

and this is how it looks like all finished...

I might still add a cream color border around.
I don't know if you remember when I talked about finally doing something for myself and being a selfish for a bit. In reality, I enjoyed working on the Mountain boy quilt much more than this one. Somehow, it is more satisfing to create for others, isn't it?

9 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

I love both of these. The patchwork border looks so good on your quilt - great job!!!!! And the Mountain boy Quilt - that fabric is darling - fantastic job on your log cabins. I can't wait to see how you quilt them! You'll do a terrific job, I'm sure.
Kris

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

Log cabins are so enjoyable to sew. I really like the border you decided on - it's perfect for the quilt.

Unknown said...

uplna nadhera, som uz zavisla na tvojich novych vytvoroch, budes mat co robit aby si ma uspokojila...:)))))

Becky said...

They both look great!

julieQ said...

I love them both too! I love the blue one the best...it just sings!

jacquie said...

boy, i should say productive. i love your quilts, but especially the mountain boy quilt...i know someone is going to LOVE that quilt. i agree...it's pretty cool doing something for others....a good feeling and a good thing!

Danielle said...

I love the patchwork quilt! add the border (cream) just my opinion :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Love love love it. I love the solid tan with the blue.

Anonymous said...

the colour combination in this quilt is just wonderful- and I can't believe how many quilts you have made! I am the slowest maker of quilts ever (I think I have an unfinished one that must be about 15 years in the making!)